All fees can be paid as a PayPal 'guest' with a debit or credit card.
Congratulations for deciding to add a rescue dog to your family.
Filling out our application accurately will make the adoption process go quickly. It is very important to answer every question honestly and to discuss your plans to adopt with all family members. You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and responsible pet care, for the life of the dog. Please, only one application per household. You can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to note a change or ask a question. Below are instructions regarding filling out the application.
- Choose your personal references carefully. The references should be close friends who know you and your family well and, if you have other animals in your home have observed your care and training of them. Our major reason for checking your references is to determine how you interact with animals in general and dogs in particular. Do not include any relatives or business associates who do not know you well personally.
- It is important to answer all questions honestly. Not having a fenced yard, having small children or working during the day are NOT automatic disqualifications from adopting from us. Each adoption situation is carefully reviewed to be sure that the dog will be a good fit for your family.
- If you have given up or euthanized a dog in the past 10 years, please give us the details regarding why you had to part company with your pet.
- Notify each reference that they will be receiving a call from one of our volunteer adoption coordinators and request that they return the call promptly and answer our questions honestly.
- Be sure the telephone numbers that you give us for your references are correct and include email addresses if possible. If you know that a particular reference would prefer to communicate with us by email only, please note it on the application. Incorrect telephone numbers given and references who do not return our calls are the major cause of delays in adoption approval.
- Do not coach your references as to what to say to us. We want each adoption to be a perfect fit and our questions have been developed to determine if the potential adoptive home is right for the individual dog you have chosen. If your situation does not fit the particular dog that you have chosen we can discuss other dogs that we have which might fit better with your family.
- If you rent your home, please give us the name and contact information for your landlord. Be sure to discuss your planned adoption of a dog with your landlord to be certain that dogs are allowed in your home.
- It is important for you to contact your veterinarian and give your permission for our adoption coordinator to discuss the care of your current dogs and cats. Most vets offices will not disclose any information regarding their clients animals without receiving permission from the owner. The information we’re interested in are the vaccination history, preventative medicine and if they have been spayed or neutered.
- All fees must to be paid via PayPal to PPRorg@yahoo.com or by cash or certified bank check. Bank checks need to be made out to Passion for Pets Rescue. We will not release the dog/puppy until the application process has been completed and the payment is received.
- PPR reserves the right to refuse any applicant for any reason if we feel the needs of the dog will not be properly met or the adoption is not in the best interest of the dog. It is our policy that all other animals in the household be spayed/neutered to help control pet population (unless there is a medical reason that can be verified by your Veterinarian). Other reasons include, but are not limited to: false, inaccurate, or incomplete information of your application; you are unable to show a history of keeping your dog(s) up-to-date on vaccines and preventatives; or restrictions at rental properties.
READY? Submit your application fee and get started.